Roasted Chicken Breast Stuffed w/ Spinach, Garlic and Thai Peanuts
- Serves: 1
- kcal: 178
- 4-8oz Chicken Breast
- 1 cup (30 grams) Spinach
- ½ tbs Minced Garlic (Bottled Fresh or Dried)
- 8 grams Crushed (Nut of Choice) Walnuts, Peanuts, Almonds, etc
- Olive Oil Spray
- Black Pepper
Other Options for flavoring:
- Chopped Peppers
- Cayenne Pepper
**Sprinkle chicken with your favorite flavors!**
Nutrition / Macros: (For 5oz serving Chicken Breast)
- Calories: 178
- Fat: 5g
- Carbohydrate: 3g
- Protein: 30g
1. Pre-Heat oven to 400 F. Butterfly chicken breast (cut along side and lay out flat, leaving one side attached like a book). **Optional** Pound slightly to flatten.
2. Spray both sides with Olive Oil Spray and season well with pepper (Add additional seasons of choice).
3. Lightly wilt spinach in non-stick pan or place in microwave for 10-15 seconds.
4. Spread garlic onto one half on inside of chicken breast.
5. Sprinkle (nuts) over garlic, than add spinach on top.
6. Fold top over and place on a rack over a sheet pan or roasting pan. (Tips: Stick toothpick in center to keep chicken folded neatly).
7. Place chicken in oven and bake for 20 min (at 400 F). Then reduce heat to 325 F and roast for an additional 30 mins, or until stuffing reaches 145 F. (Tips: The roasting time may be shorter, based on your oven…be sure to watch after 20 mins).
Optional: Allow to rest for 15 minutes before slicing. **I am too impatient, I can’t wait :-)!!**